Starting
from where I last left off, my last weekend at the MTC went well,
though I frankly can't remember much. One of our TRC practice
investigators didn't show up for our last lesson, but we committed the
other one to baptism.
Okay,
what you are all waiting for! We got on a bus Monday morning headed to
the airport. A train ride and trolley later we were there. A very nice
sister bought us lunch, we boarded the plane, and flew out.
Most
of the Missionaries were seated next to other Elders, but I had a nice
man named Jeff next to me. Jeff is a mountain bike and ski instructor,
and unequivocally not interested in hearing about the gospel. But I
tried.
Houston: we got
off the plane and my skin felt sticky. This is late fall? 80 degrees and
90 percent humidity. I love breathing it, but I don't like feeling it.
President
and Sister Hewlett met us at the airport and drove us to the mission
home. We had dinner, a short meeting, and retired for the night.
The Hewletts seem like great people, it was good getting to know them. I got to spend some time just singing and playing on the mission home piano, which made me feel like myself again. This morning we had 6 hours of meetings and training, and I met my new companion, who is from Idaho and that's all I know about him.
The Hewletts seem like great people, it was good getting to know them. I got to spend some time just singing and playing on the mission home piano, which made me feel like myself again. This morning we had 6 hours of meetings and training, and I met my new companion, who is from Idaho and that's all I know about him.
Administration
stuff: my p-days are on Monday, or on Tuesday if it is transfer day. We
get to go to the temple quarterly and with any recent converts! So that
is really exciting. I think my first trip will be in just a week or
two. I don't know how everything is going, but this is going to be
great.
I love you all,
and thank you for your well-wishes. Also, Emily sent me this nice tie
pin, see picture, so I have the best sister.
I'll include more when I remember it and if I have time.
Elder Adam DeFord












No comments:
Post a Comment