Friday, May 31, 2019

Week 21 (3/11/2019) End of an Era

After 6 months, Elder Gunderson is leaving Cleveland. Funnily enough, he is heading out to Jasper. I am staying in Cleveland with my new companion, Elder Mooney. This is his last transfer, so we are gonna hit the ground here in Cleveland. 

But on to the events of the week!

Let's see...on Monday we had a good lesson with a family we had lost contact with for a little while. Didn't really teach a discussion, but hopefully brought the spirit in. 

On Tuesday we spent a good 7 hours tracting. Met a nice guy named A__, after our doorstep contact he let us in and we taught about the restoration. He seems pretty cool! That night we had a dinner and lesson with T__, who is long time friend of the Sopers who only now has become interested in the church. After the lesson we were just talking, and he asked about our interests. When I told him I sang a lot, he asked me to sing something, so I got to give a rendition of the Impossible Dream. Still got the ability to make people teary eyed, sweet. Made me miss the stage, though. T__ also showed us some of his armor, because one of his interests is Renaissance stuff, combat and jousting. 

Wednesday was funny: we were going out with Brother Lee to go to some lessons, but when he picked us up he told us it was customer appreciation day at O'Reilly's, so we went there to get some free lunch! Then we went to finish teaching K__ the last new member lesson, which went well. She has such a sweet spirit! Later that day we delivered cookies that I had made to M__, and she actually said she wanted to meet with us! Didn't end up happening, though. 

Not a lot to say for Thursday or Friday, pretty normal stuff. We did have district training on Friday, but nothing extraordinary. 

Saturday ended up being a pretty fun day. We went out to tract on foot, and saw some crawfish in the culvert! So we played with those for a little bit. We then also saw the fattest cat ever, and a German shepherd with a peg leg. In the afternoon, we were going to head out to a lesson, and I got in and was backing up when I saw Elder Gunderson's face...and I knew we had a flat. So we put on the spare, called Elder Christenson, and headed down to Kingwood for a new tire. Going down to the city, with people and houses and stores...ah, so nice. But it was great fun, and on out way back we stopped by M__'s for a lesson. Didn't end up being a lesson, since he was trying to install his new thermostat and asked for our help. So I got to play electrician! He had the wrong kind of thermostat for his system, though, so it was a lost cause. Oh well, still good. 

Sunday, no one ended up being at church, and C__ sent us a text dropping us, which was really sad. But the day apart from that was pretty good. We got a call in the afternoon from President...he called me as District Leader for Cleveland, so we knew I was staying. 

Monday morning we got our transfer instructions. The Cleveland district actually changed, so now instead of being over Cleveland and Livingston I am over Cleveland and the Zone Leaders. So that is pretty fun, I love Elder Brown and Elder Slade. A lot of the rest of Monday Elder Gunderson spent packing, because he has gotten quite a bit of stuff in the half of a year he spent in Cleveland. Oh...we did also spend about 4 hours hauling and splitting logs. Those hydraulic log splitters are super cool!

And now Tuesday! How the time flies and the world spins! 

Love,
Elder DeFord 








No comments:

Post a Comment