Friday, May 31, 2019

Week 22 (3/18/2019) RIP Snuffles

This has been a fantastic week. 

After picking Elder Mooney up from Vidor, we headed to the Soper's for a lesson with T__. So for our first experience together we just jumped into teaching, and it was a great lesson. We really built off of each other the whole time, and committed T__ to baptism. 

Elder Mooney and I have been having a party. We have got along really well, worked hard, played hard, prayed harder. He brought 500 pounds of free weights plus a bar, we made a bench out of three chairs and a board...and Elder Mooney and Elder Stobart are trying to get me to actually work out with them. I sometimes do, with like half the weight. But hey, maybe it'll turn this fat I'm catching into muscle. But probs not. 

Other highlights from the week...we got two new people to teach by annihilating them at basketball. Which was a actually a fantastic lesson, so that was sweet. 

Let's see...my first district council was on Friday. I felt pretty good about it. And then the Assistants pulled up to join in. And then Sister Hewlett walked in. So I had a slightly stressful council. But it went well, and then Sister Hewlett took us all out to lunch, so I certainly enjoyed that. But I didn't need that sort of stress in my day. 

We have had really good luck contacting people this week. We have already set up return appointments with several people we are teaching. We got to see M__ and J__, sit down with them and have a great visit. Then they fed us, Elder Mooney fixed their lawnmower and I fed a squirrel. So how about that, huh? 

K__ is doing super well. She gave her testimony in church this week, and it was awesome. Seeing the spirit in her life has been incredible. 

Well, other than that not too many updates from here in Texas. I'm sure there were more...I haven't stopped being happy and laughing for days straight, so I am doing well. 

I love you all! Address any questions to me personally, and have a fantastic week. 

Elder DeFord








No comments:

Post a Comment