Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Week 68 (2/11/2020) Crawfish and Mardigras



 Dear all,

As always, transfers is a time of guessing and wonderment, but we definitely did not have any notion of what would be going on. 

Saturday night we got a call from the assistants that we were being flushed, or in other words, that we were both being transferred. That is relatively uncommon for zone leader areas, although we assumed that when our assistant was released he wanted to train up a new zone leader in our area (which is what ended up happening).

What was really surprising was the call that we got from President Hewlett the next day. Not only were we both being transferred, but we were also both being released from our assignments as zone leaders. After six months, my release came as no surprise, but Elder Carraway had only served for 3 months, so his was a little more shocking. 

In any case, I am now serving a bi-state mission! I am being transferred to Welsh, Louisiana, as part of the Jennings Branch. My new companion is Elder Hancock, who I have never served around before. 

Now for the week! It was a wild one as well. On Tuesday we had our Mission Leadership Training, where we discussed consecration of the heart and mind as well as the might and strength. It was a very good discussion. 

Whenever we have such meetings, we get to prepare a training to teach the districts in the zone, so Thursday and Friday we were teaching District Trainings all day. It actually went super well, encouraged a lot of introspection from the different missionaries. It was probably, at least in my opinion, the best district training I taught in my time as a zone leader, so it was a good one to leave off on. 

Friday we drove with T__ to the Temple for Faith Meets Family. It was awesome because I saw so many other people I knew from other areas, including one of the people I baptized in Cleveland! It made me a little sad because I know I won't be able to serve in all of those areas again, and I would sure like to! It was really cool to see them, though. There were some of my favorite members from every one of my areas! 

Saturday was when we heard the news about the flush, so Sunday morning we notified our branch. It was definitely a sad day, for us and for them. They asked us to give our testimonies, and we sang hymn 152 (God Be with You Till We Meet Again) for our closing hymn. It almost felt like we were going home, not just getting transferred! But I really do love the people here, so I am sad. I was hoping to have at least a little more time in this area. 

Best of luck to y'all, prayers are always appreciated! 

Elder DeFord













No comments:

Post a Comment