Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Week 10 (12/25/2018) Merry Christmas

Feliz Navidad!


There's a lot to talk about this week, with transfers last week, and Christmas this week, so we'll do our best! 


So, we'll hit transfers very first. I am now with Elder Gunderson in Cleveland South! A very different experience from Jasper is that us missionaries aren't alone--we have a set of sisters in the ward, and a set of Spanish elders in the next apartment complex over, so we been partying. Appropriately for mission life, of course. Other than that, Cleveland seems like a good place, similar size to Jasper. We haven't hit a whole bunch of our area yet, stayed pretty local. 


My first day in the area we visited the dollar 29 store, where everything is a dollar 29. And it has random stuff-my first visit I bought a tiny mattock for our Christmas conference white elephant gift exchange...I wish I thought to take a picture. But fun times. We do have a Walmart, as well, so I can still go grocery shopping. 


Oh, so the Spanish elders are Elders Montesino and Stobart, they're great, but more on them later. 


People being taught report: C__ is a sweet woman who is being prepared for baptism. We have met with her several times already. 


Okay, so Christmas conference was a lot of fun. I sang in the talent show, Sally's Because You Prayed For Me. It didn't go as well as I would have hoped, but I'll include a video of it. (Editors note: he forgot to include the video. I'll add it in when I get it.)Then we had a fun white elephant gift exchange, and a good devotional. So that was fun.


Christmas eve we didn't have a dinner set up with members, which we told the Spanish Elders about that morning. So they texted their dinners and asked if they could bring us. We visited their members and their people being taught with them. Over the course of the day we had Venezuelan, Cuban, and Mexican food. Since my family's tradition was to have tacos Christmas eve, it was a cool thing. A lot better than our fake tacos, though ;) it was actually really fantastic.


Christmas, this morning, I made muffins and we went over to the Spanish Elders to have Christmas morning together. Thank you everyone! I'm wearing my present from Brother French, pictures included. 




We went to the B__'s to call home for Christmas. Love you, family! It was cool to see them, and everyone seems to be doing good at home, so that is good. 


Wow, I guess I just am not super prolific in my words today. I said my first prayer in Spanish this week, so that was fun! 


Feliz Navidad, todos mis amigos!


Elder DeFord




No comments:

Post a Comment