Monday, January 21, 2019

Week 13 (1/14/19) Follow the Spirit

Follow the Spirit

Imagine that the title is sung to  "Follow the Prophet" . But I'm lazy, so I'm not writing the rest of the song. How am I doing? I'm doing good. Healthy and had a great week. 

Last week was rather ineffective in the whole actually teaching and finding people areas, but this week we had quite a bit of success. K___ is still very excited to be baptized, and we taught her about the temple so she is looking forward to going with us on February 1st, assuming everything works out. 

We also started teaching a couple of families. The B___'s we met a while ago, were interested but just busy. We had a great lesson with them, and they weren't able to make it to church this week but do want to attend and try it out. The other family is that whole follow the spirit thing. I dont remember if I talked about it, but one night we prayed for where to go and Elder Gunderson had a prompting to visit Jesus, who we had just given up hope of contacting a few days earlier. We went, contacted him, and got his phone number, so that was really cool. We texted him for a lesson on Saturday, and were going to leave it. But Wednesday when we prayed for guidance after plans fell through, we felt like we should go back to Jesus. We went, pulled up...and someone else pulled up behind us...it ended up being his wife, and she invited us in so we finally got to teach them. Really cool! 

Incidentally, I can still get replies during the week and all. 

Okay, pity party over. 

Also, partying with the Spanish elders is fun. We are currently having some great ribs and bbq at Duke's bbq. A great place. I would recommend it to anyone who happened to be in Cleveland, TX. So, not anyone reading this. But tasty. 

Let's see. All y'all should be jealous of my Texas winter, tracting in short sleeve shirts. And then forgetting a sweater at night, when it actually gets cold. Brr. 

We had zone conference this week, the mission is focusing on hope and gratitude as the yearly theme, so I hope y'all have a great week and I'm grateful for your support and prayers. 

Love, 
Elder DeFord

For the strength of youth

Watchman on the tower

Watchmen on the Tower

Planning

All dressed up

No comments:

Post a Comment