I'm lying, actually, I'm staying in Cleveland another transfer.
This week was pretty good! Elder Setoki canceled our exchanges, which gave us back enough miles that we are off of our bikes and driving again.
Also, is it cold in the rest of the US right now? Cause I'm out tracting in short sleeves and sweating, so....well, enjoy your winter. You can make fun of me when summer hits.
Yeah, so transfers are today, and we are chilling in Kingwood saying good-bye to Elder Montesino *sad face* and then heading back to Cleveland with Elder Stobart's new greenie. Elder Gunderson is going to be the district leader over the Cleveland district
Let's see, our investigators: M___ P___ is on date for March 9th. We haven't actually met with M___ and J___ in the last week, but we talked to them on the phone and they should be having dinner with some of our favorite members, the S___'s, so that should be really good. K___ is doing really good, and we are planning to get her to the temple this Friday! So things are going well, although tracting has been incredibly ineffective for the past...month. but that is okay.
Let's see.......welp. Stuff happened, I'm sure, but mostly just tracting and biking. Learned how to bike without any hands, so that was fun. I also broke my bike light in that process, but it was worth it.
Sorry that I'm not sending much out this week about life, but there just wasn't much that happened, I think.
Love,
Elder DeFord
PS: Music is back!
So instruments aren't allowed for missionaries, right? But Elder Montesino had an electronic keyboard, and I asked him about it, and he said he got it approved by president so that he could practice hymns because he was asked to play in church. And I thought, hey. Sounds good.
So when we went down for transfers, I caught up with President and I asked him if it was kosher for me to have a keyboard to practice, so that I didn't have to practice during proselyting hours. He said, yes, we would rather not have you practice then, and then he turned to his wife and said "don't we have a keyboard in the garage?". Long story short, I now have the most kosher keyboard in the mission, because it is president's. And I am definitely gonna be playing again. So that was pretty hilarious. Anyways, just wanted to make that addition. Love y'all!




No comments:
Post a Comment