Monday, January 21, 2019

Week 14 (1/21/2019) Certified

A pretty good week, all in all. 

How mad would y'all be if that was all I sent? Well, rest assured, I don't plan on finding out. 

So, Tuesday was pretty good, I think. Oh, right! We met with J___ and M___, intending to just read Alma 32 with them, talk a little about faith. We didn't get seven verses in before the questions started, and we ended up teaching about the spirit world, baptisms for the dead, eternal marriage. M___ turns to J___ and says "do you want to get sealed?". So really cool to see the spirit working. We are having dinner with them and a member tomorrow, and we hope to extend a baptismal date to them. 

Wednesday was my missionary certification. On the drive there I finished memorizing how to solve a rubik's cube, thank you parents. Certification went well, I passed, and the bets are on me training this next transfer (next week, admittedly, so my p-day will be Tuesday) and I don't know how I feel about that. But we will see probably next Monday morning, and y'all will hear about it Tuesday. 

Thursday we did service cleaning out some junk from a property the F___'s just bought. It was fun because we were with the Spanish Elders, and Elder Montesino and I are very similar: we're hoarders. Digging through an old abandoned shed made our week. 

Friday was district council, all well and good. Only problem:we're almost out of miles for the month. We haven't driven since we got back from district council on Friday. We biked about a half hour down, knocked two doors, got a call from Je___, who is a recent convert who we have been very worried about, we hadn't seen him since I got here. So we biked back very quickly, turning our half hour bike ride into 20 minutes, and were there to support him and have a really spiritual time. He was at church this Sunday too!

Saturday we were out biking again, but for Texas it was cold. It was pretty miserable, and we got to where we planned to tract only to find out it was all Spanish speakers...so that was less than productive. 

But everything was better because K___ was baptized on Saturday! Confirmed on Sunday! It was a really cool experience, and I'm glad that she could be able to do it despite her health challenges. I'm glad that it all worked out. 

That was pretty much my week. 

Lots of love,
Elder DeFord 
Baptism Day

Sometimes it's cold in Texas

Abandoned Truck

Elder Montesino

Missionary Graffiti
You never know who you'll meet

No comments:

Post a Comment