Hello!
So, it was a good week, lets hit the highlights.
Tuesday we worked at the soup kitchen again. I love working there, it is a blast. And the food is pretty good....although I am the only missionary who is willing to eat it. But yeah, I like it, we had meatloaf this week.
Wednesday we had interviews with President and met his son, Adam. It was a good time, road trip up to Orange. Still haven't crossed the border into Louisiana, though.
Thursday was hard--Michael will know what the"Merf" workout is, I am sure, it is a CrossFit thing. But every Tuesday and Thursday we work out with Brother Dugger, who owns a local gym. And occasionally he will run us through the Merf or the Prison Workout, which are both intense. If you finish, you get a free shirt or hat from his gym. I may have been last, but see attached pictures for the shirt.
We also taught a very sweet lady named J__. When we got there, she was clearly not doing well, so we told her about how as Elders in the priesthood we can give blessings to the sick, just like in olden times, so we gave her a blessing, which led into a conversation about the restoration. She liked what we said, but is reticent about being baptized. She wanted to talk to her priest about it....hmm.
District Council on Friday was about agency, but even though I had been trying to prepare for it all week, I didn't have a whole lot to share. Luckily we had a good discussion, so I think it ended up being a good council despite my lack of preparation. I hated not being super organized, though.
We saw the V__ family again, and were set to extend a baptismal invitation...when E__ told us he has no intention of changing religions. I've been hearing that a lot lately, it is kind of getting on my nerves. We hope that we can help him see that this isn't a church, it is Christ's church. We shall see.
It is just hard to see so many people so set in their ways that they won't search out truth. Of course, that was what was prophesied, that they would not "endure sound doctrine". But it is still hard to see it happening.
We attended a Catholic mass on Sunday, which was interesting. I was supposed to sing in our ward, but due to some scheduling difficulties I got moved to my birthday, July 14th. So I get to sing a birthday song ;)
Anyways, we have a special zone pday because we worked hard in June, so we are partying up until 9 tonight, so I am gonna head. Probably more happened, but that's how the cards play.
Signing out,
Elder DeFord


No comments:
Post a Comment