My first week in Pasadena was busy, but fun. Technically the ward is the Fairmont ward, the Pasadena ward is Spanish speaking. But the city is Pasadena ;)
Just as I was told, we have been fed every night since I got here. That already endears me to the ward, for obvious reasons, but I also love all of the people I have gotten to know here already.
It was such a long, busy week that by the time Sunday rolled around I couldn't believe that it was my first week in the ward and in the branch. I know I won't remember everybody's names, but one step at a time.
Dad was asking about the responsibilities of the zone leaders. Well, like when I was a district leader, we do nightly follow ups every night, except instead of the companionships in my district it is the district leaders in the zone. We have a small zone, though, only three districts, so that isn't too bad. We also conduct exchanges with all the district leaders and trainers, which, this transfer, is every elder companionship in the zone. So we had to plan those out this week.
We attend district councils in different districts to provide guidance and make sure everything is going well. We also attend a meeting with President at the beginning of each month where we get training and talk about the needs of the mission, and then we teach all of the district councils that week to relay what we learned. So both of those things are coming up this week-I only had a one week break from teaching those, and now I have to teach three in one day!
We develop a zone vision that sets some goals for what the zone will do during the transfer, and we got that squared away on Wednesday and Thursday. We have things to report, just like the district leaders, but we report to President and to the stake. Other than that, our biggest job is to solve problems that arise. And there are always plenty of those!
Elder Ewell, my new companion, is a great guy. I had been hearing his name throughout my mission, as I served around people who knew him, and also he was serving in Port Arthur before he went zone leader, as well. In any case, we are getting along well, and assuming he isn't hiding his loathing deep down, we both like being companions.
I need to see if anybody else asked me any questions, because there isn't a lot of commentary to be made about what happened this week...
Aha, mom asked me questions. The introduction to the ward went well, in bits and pieces. I met our relief society and elders quorum councilors in charge of missionary work on Wednesday, we bothered Bishop at work on Friday, met YSA and members throughout the week. I have really liked the people I have gotten to know a little, so I am excited.
Dad asked what email platform I use, it is just gmail. Also if anything changes for labor day-Bishop invited us for a BBQ (mmmm, brisket) but that is about it.
Well, if any one else has questions I will try and answer them, if not,
Elder DeFord, signing out.
No comments:
Post a Comment