I can't believe it is already the third week of the transfer. This week has been jam packed with things to do. Unfortunately, not a lot of it was proselytizing, which is what I like to do. Instead, we had to do a lot of the administrative stuff that comes with leading the zone.
Tuesday we had mission leadership training, so all of the district leaders, zone leaders, and sister training leaders gathered together in Kngwood to talk about the mission. Thankfully Elder Ewell and I weren't asked to present a segment, so we just got to sit back and relax. The big thing President has planned for us right now is 100 baptisms in the last 100 days of the year, so we are all going to be working towards that goal.
Tuesday night we went out on rescue visits with the 1st councilor in the YSA, Javier. I really like him. Also, his brother, Edgar, served in the Kennewick mission! We were trying to decide if he had ever eaten at our house. We thought maybe, since he served in the Spanish branch at one point. But we know some of the same people, and both of us remember Elders Aydelotte and Smith. Actually, he reached out to Elder Aydelotte, and he remembered the DeFords! Edgar's family wants to go back up to visit his mission in the next year sometime.
Wednesday we were on exchanges with the assistants, I stayed in our area with Elder Nelson. We had a long day of just contacting, but it all went well. We talked a lot about vision and goals, which have been on my mind for quite a while.
Thursday we had to plan for our district training. We were speaking on obedience and sanctification. Oh-so, after every mission training, the Zone Leaders teach each district in their zone. So on Friday we spent a good 6 hours teaching meetings. Woohoo. It went well, though, so no real complaints here.
Saturday...man. We went on rescue visits with Jed, who is about to go on a mission, tried to see some people, visited a nice woman in a nursing home who sadly doesn't remember when anyone visits, so she feels like she has been forgotten about. But she was glad to see us. It was cool that even though she has forgotten a lot, she remembers how important the temple and the scriptures are.
Sunday we attended the Fairmont ward and the YSA branch, then we had a meeting with the stake president and President Hewlett to talk about the missionary work in the stake. It went well-we really just get to go to so they can ask us questions as the hands-on guys.
Man, I wish i had more stories to tell, but unless you want to hear all the details about my district training there isn't too much to tell. I hope this next week we get the chance to teach a little more. We do have zone conference, and Elder Ewell and I are teaching a segment on baptismal invitations, so that should go well.
Everyone be jealous, we just passed a gas station. Gas is only 1.99 right now. I would say it makes up for the heat, but I don't know about that.
I'm really enjoying Pasadena, I like the ward and everything. We are singing with the stake choir, and the Bishops son and I should be singing in sacrament meeting coming up here sometime. Gaining weight here, so that means they are feeding us well! I love southern cooking.
Well, we are driving out to Beaumont, so I will let y'all go.
Take care,
Elder DeFord



No comments:
Post a Comment