Monday, November 4, 2019

Week 54 (11/4/2019) Texas Halloween

I can hardly believe that Halloween was still this week, it seems like it was absolutely forever ago. Nope, four whole days. Still seems like an eternity, though. 

On Monday we had our FHE with the YSA, we were all carving pumpkins. I had to make mine gospel oriented, see attached picture, it was a lot of fun. 

Tuesday we mostly worked with the YSA's. We went out to try and find some less actives in La Porte, and then we went on visits with the YSA leaders to try and contact people in Pasadena. We found quite a bit of success, compared to last week, so it was good to actually get to talk to people. Getting no answer after no answer gets tiring after a while ;)

Wednesday we were on exchanges with one of the sets of Elders in Pasadena, I took Elder Jones, a new missionary, to my area. We had a good day, found a new person to teach, and tried to kidnap a duckling but the momma duck hissed at me and I didn't do it. 

That night was the ward Halloween party-the weather was perfect, I think it was down in the 40's. It really felt like a Halloween back home, except for the light drizzle and humidity. Elder Ewell and I dressed up as missionaries. I cooked a chili for the chili cook-off, though it didn't win. At least the missionaries were represented in the lineup ;) our poor Elders Quorum President lost to his wife for the third year running. 

Thursday we had a lesson with C__, who is a stud. He wasn't able to get time off for the temple on this Friday, but he still wants to go so we are rescheduling a time, probably this next Saturday. 

In the afternoon we went all the way out to Baytown to find YSAs. We actually found one, lucky us, who seemed to want to come back to church. He was baptized just a couple of years ago, hopefully we can rekindle that spark. We also found someone for the Baytown Elders to teach, from knocking on the wrong door. Whoops!

We had to be in at 7, since it was Halloween, so Elder Ewell and I worked on putting in everybody's miles in our google sheets since it was the last of the month. Yay. Happy Halloween ;) it was good though. 

Friday: it is November already?! I feel like it was august a couple of weeks ago. We were at the Broadway District council when a guy walked past the room we were in. He asked if any of us spoke Spanish, so I headed out and talked to him. Apparently he just came in off the street, he lives close to the church, but he wanted to know when services were so that he could attend. The Spanish district meets the same place we do, so after talking to him for a minute I showed him where they were and let them take care of it. I think they derailed their district council in favor of just teaching the guy, so it was 10 missionaries vs one guy. He came.out wanting to be baptized and I think he was going to drive one of the companionships to walk around the temple grounds, so I guess it worked out. Crazy story!

Saturday the YSA was doing a family history workshop. We were going to go with C__, but he had to work, so we went to learn so we could show him later. I found an obituary for my great great grandfather Peter DeFord, which was awesome because we have had a hard time finding information on him and his dad Peter DeFord. 

Sunday was good as always. C__ received the Aaronic Priesthood and a calling to the activities committee, which was cool to be apart of. He is doing awesome. 

Well, everything in Texas is doing well...the end of daylight savings means that it gets dark around 6, which isn't the best for knocking doors, but that is okay. 

Well.

Merry Christmas,
Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment