Friday, September 25, 2020

Week 100 (9/21/2020) Week 100

 Dear y'all,


This weeks highlight reel has some actual highlights, so buckle your seatbelts, make the big bar make the little clackety sounds as you pull it down, an attendant will come by and check.it for safety. 

On Tuesday we got to meet L__ H__, someone who got interested in the church talking to some members, who she is currently living with. The members are the B__'s, which sounded very familiar to me when I first heard the name. Indeed, when we arrived at their house, they called their brother down to join us for dinner...and it was a member I knew from the Jasper branch! He didn't specifically remember me, but it is crazy how small a world it is. Anyways, we had an awesome lesson with L__. Definitely a case of someone who has been kept from the truth simply because she didn't know where to find it. During our lesson, she kept exclaiming that we were giving her puzzle pieces she had searched for for years. 

We also had exchanges this week, which went fine. I am never a huge fan of exchanges, since they just break up the normal routine, so I wasn't sad when the virus made those unavailable, but they have decided that we can do them again. 

We are looking at a hurricane dumping through the next couple of days. It looks like it is slow moving and filled with rain, so they are anticipating a good amount of flooding in low lying areas. We may be spending the foreseeable future mucking out houses once it passes through. It certainly is a record breaking year for disaster. It really makes you appreciate all of the time when there isn't something catastrophic going on around you. Which is most of the time, really. 

I hear the smoke mostly cleared at home, at least for now, so I hope everyone back that direction breathes deep and clear.

Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment