Y'all,
Well, Hurricane Beta was really only tropical depression Beta when it passed overhead, dropping an abundance of rain, but nothing we hadn't seen before. Even thunderstorms at home are comparable.
We are still teaching L__ with the B__s. On our Thursday lesson with her, we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and extended a baptismal date to her for the 17th of October, and she happily accepted! Teaching her is a lot of fun. She has a very intuitive understanding of the gospel, and when we say something she thinks about it for a second, and then exclaims that that is the missing puzzle piece of her understanding.
Friday we got to help a couple of families move out of the ward. They had a full sized semi-trailer, and when we had to leave it was a good half way full, with plenty more to fill the space. They had been living there for ten years, so they were pretty well settled in. It was nice to be out and helping, though.
We got to meet with the M__s again this week. Our contact with them had been pretty sporadic as they redid their house and were out of town, but we were able to schedule a time to meet and read the scriptures with them.
With it being fast Sunday, I thought about something which often buzzes around my head on fast Sundays, that we as Latter Day Saints often assume Christ. What I mean by that is because Christ is so central to our doctrine and beliefs, we don't explicitly mention Him perhaps as often as we should. It is assumed that anything we believe or care about is rooted in Him, but we don't always say it.
In any case, I wanted to offer my testimony of the Savior. I truly know that Jesus Christ lives. He is my Savior and my Redeemer. He gave His life for me, because He loves me, and He did the same for each of us. He carried an unimaginable burden so that we could be, as the scriptures say, perfected in Him. And I praise His name for it. He advocates on our behalf, and He satisfied justice so that we could have mercy. His is the greatest gift anyone has ever given, and I love Him.
I haven't shared my testimony a lot in these emails, again because I assume you know I have one. But let it be recorded, that I know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God.
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment