I strongly considered just not writing these last couple of weeklies, but I haven't missed a week yet, and my pride won't let me blow it off.
This was a very good week! Of course, the highlight was getting to watch our Prophet and Apostles speak at general conference. Their remarks were very timely in a troubled world. I think it is very clear that they are praying and seeking direction for our needs today. I also loved Elder Anderson's emphasis on focusing on Christ, that is something I often think about, and I am glad that it was addressed.
There were some technical difficulties in watching, but nothing too severe. On the first day the broadcast started in Spanish, which was quite awkward for the majority of the room. It mostly ran smoothly, though. I an definitely grateful for the technology that makes conference so very accessible the world over.
We had a midweek transfer this week, no one in my district was affected, but one of the Spanish Elders that lives in our complex was transferred and we have a new Elder fresh out of the online MTC.
Teaching L__ is still going very well. She thinks deeply about the scriptures when we read with her, you can tell she is pondering and synthesizing information. It is awesome to see how sincerely she is seeking for the truth. She worked in the afternoons, but was able to catch the morning sessions of conference.
Signing off from Texas,
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment