Monday, October 12, 2020

Week 103 (10/12/2020) The Last One

 Now, I suppose I could make a liar out of myself and send a weekly next week anyways, and I may end up doing so, but this is the last full week of my mission. 


Looking back over the last two years, it is crazy to think that it was both so long and so short. I don't even remember what it was like to not be a missionary. The thought of having something that is so deeply rooted in your life end is oddly intimidating. Which, I suppose, is why they have the myplan program to try and link the mission and home life together. In any case, I have learned a lot, and will be carrying these memories and lessons for the rest of my life. One of the most powerful things I have learned is the efficacy and all encompassing nature of the Savior's atonement, and what it means for each of us. I am so grateful that He chose to take upon Himself all of our weaknesses so that we could, through Him, overcome them. 

On the more here and now, we had my last zone conference this week, and I had the opportunity to bear my testimony at the end with all the other departing missionaries. 

We continued meeting with L__, who is just awesome. She is so on fire with the spirit, and whenever we teach a principle she immediately integrates it with what she knows and has experienced. I love talking with her; yesterday during our lesson, we talked about the spirit world and read from Alma 40, and she exclaimed that the Book of Mormon has to be true because it explains what she already had come to believe through the spirit. It is awesome, and she is preparing for her baptism this Friday! 

On that note, which is probably a suspended fourth waiting to be resolved, we will close this email. 

Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment