Dear y'all,
This email really doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving, but I just needed a subject line.
It has been a great week, I could truly see the Lord's hand working with us! I'll just share a few highlights.
So Tuesday we got back after transfers, and went to do visits with the YSA (Young Single Adults). Nobody was home, but we tried back by later in the week and found one of the people! He had been baptized in the last year, but stopped attending church, so we invited him to attend the YSA with us.
Wednesday we did some service in the morning, I had a whale of a time smashing up a concrete slab with a little hand hammer. Got all of that pent up aggression out.
Our biggest miracle day was Thursday. We spent most of the day, from waking up until 5:30 p.m., doing administrative stuff, planning for the zone, writing the zone vision, planning exchanges, leadership training...blegh. but finally, we got out for our Hour of Power, which is at the time when the Apostles gather in the temple and pray for missionaries. So we take advantage of their prayers! To kick off the Christmas season, we were going to find with Light the World...on Mistletoe St! Yes, that is an actual street here. Right as we were heading back to the car, we felt like we should knock on this house that already had a bunch of Christmas decorations up. We ended up meeting H__, who signed up immediately for Light the World and accepted a Book of Mormon and wanted us to come back. Super cool!
Thursday night we also had a dinner with the D__'s, who are a super sweet family that are returning to church. We set a date with their kids to be baptized on the 7th of December! It is crunch time to get them ready, but the family is so sweet!
On Friday, we had a few seconds before dinner, so we just knocked a door real close to the family we were eating with. A lady answered the door and rapid fire said that she was about to head out, but she would really like to hear our message when she and her husband could be there....okay! Usually we have to cajole to get that out of people!
The Lord's hand is all over the place, and I am so thrilled to be in His work. I'll cut this short now, but maybe I'll make up for it being short by actually sending pictures.
Happy Thanksgiving, and you know what, Merry Christmas!
Elder DeFord



No comments:
Post a Comment