Dear
y'all,
I guess when I come up
with a subject line like that I am actually supposed to have a reason for it.
But my mom already stole "It's beginning to look a lot like
Christmas", so I had to come up with something else. It is definitely
beginning to look like Christmas in the apartment, we have a big Christmas tree
and a little one. Outside, though, it is in the 70's and beautiful. This week has been
lovely weather. It'll still probably be another month before it gets cold
here.
This week ended up
being a lot of meetings. Tuesday was our Mission Leadership Council, so we
talked about how to help the mission. One of our big goals was to baptize 100
people before the end of the year, and we are still very short, so they are
trying for a big push. Another big announcement, and I guess we can link this
with the Grinch
is that
beginning January 1st, we will only be allowed to eat with members on weekdays
if there is an investigator or less active there. So I will probably be losing
all those mission pounds I gained, which I guess is a positive.
I guess I should go
back to Monday. Monday nights we have FHE with the YSA, and this week we did a
white elephant. I ended up with a jar of dried carolina reapers, the hottest
pepper in the world. So what do you think Elder Hardward and I did? That's
right, and yes, it hurt. They sure do burn.
Thursday morning we
had to plan our district training for Friday, we decided we really needed to
talk about using and studying Preach My Gospel. After we got back from
planning, we helped decorate a members yard for Christmas. Once we were done
with all of that, we were ready to hit the ground running. Something really
cool, one woman answered the door and said "oh, hi elders". Now,
people don't usually know who the elders are, so we were quite curious. It
turns out that she had met with missionaries 20 years ago, but still remembered
and felt good towards the church. She said that she was happy with the church
she is going to right now, but that she had some friends and her son that didn't
like her church, so she would bring them to our church long enough to get them
assimilated, and then she would let them attend with us while she went back to
her congregation. Hey, it works for me! It was pretty cool.
Friday we taught
District training, starting at 9 and not getting done until about 5, blegh. A
lot of teaching, driving, and good stuff like that. It went well, though.
Saturday was a baptism
for one of the other companionships in Pasadena. Since the church is in our
area, we walked around the neighborhood inviting people to the baptism. Nobody
wanted to come, but we did meet a YSA who said he wanted to come to our FHE, so
that was sweet.
The First Presidency
Christmas Devotional was excellent, if you haven't had the chance to watch it I
am sure it is recorded somewhere. First Presidency Christmas Devotional
Merry Christmas!
Hope y'all have a
white Christmas, not much chance of that here.
Love,
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment