Monday, December 2, 2019

Week 58 (12/2/2019) Gobble Gobble

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had to think about if it actually was Thanksgiving this week. But yep, it was. It was a great week, though. 

We worked a lot with S__ this week. It has been amazing to see the spirit come into her life, she is really starting to understand that she is a daughter of God with infinite worth. I have loved seeing the self-worth increase with an understanding of true doctrine and identity. I love that we know we have a Father in Heaven who loves us! 

We had the opportunity to minister to some of our zone this week. It really emphasized to me the importance of good communication in a companionship, well, in any relationship, really. Most problems can be resolved by just talking through them. 

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, we had a turkey bowl in the morning. My team lost every game, which was probably my fault, but it was a good time. We had our big turkey dinner with the Dinsdales, and then joined them for Holiday bowling. I was bad there, but only hurt myself because there wasn't any teams ;) maybe I'll be good at the whole sports thing one day. But I still have a good time, so it all works out. It was a full day, and I was a full missionary. Nothing like good Southern cooking!

We had exchanges with the Assistants on Saturday, but between planning for the zone and MLC (mission leader conference) , and service, we only ended up prozelyting for about an hour. It was a great hour, though, we got to talk to a lot of people who were outside enjoying our 65 degree winter weather. It is amazing how even just in a couple of minutes, accompanied with scripture or prayer, someone's whole demeanor can change. 

Well, I'm going to cut this short. If you have problems with the length of emails, please contact our customer support office at adam.deford@missionary.org

Still warm in Texas,
Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment