Sunday, January 5, 2020

Week 62 (12/31/2019) 2020 Vision


It seems like such a long time ago, in 2015, when the joke started going around "where do you see yourself in five years? -I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision!". And now, 2020 comes in less than 24 hours! And I do have 2020 vision, so I can tell you where I see myself in 16 hours- asleep in Beaumont. Yes, I am getting transferred. I am sad to be leaving Pasadena, but the Lord wants me elsewhere. 

I will still be serving as a Zone leader, covering just the Beaumont YSA, so no family ward. We cover a huge area, the whole Beaumont and Orange stakes for YSA, but our main prozelyting spot is Lamar University. To relate more to the college kids, we kiss the white shirt and tie good-bye, and go out in more casual clothes, button ups and khakis. It will be interesting not having a tie! My new companion is Elder Carraway, who, if you will remember, was my MTC companion as well. It will be quite the reunion!

To give a final update on the people we are teaching for everyone in the celestial stands, S__ is doing great! We taught the law of chastity, and some conflict ensued in the household, but she is okay, she won the knife fight, and she is excited to be baptized on the 25th of January!

The D__s are probably still doing good, we did not have the opportunity to meet with them for a couple of weeks because of the holidays, they were out of town. 

We had an interesting experience looking for members that had fallen away. We were knocking on a door that was supposed to have a Sister Lowe living there, and the resident was named Mr. Lowe...but had no idea who Sister Lowe was! He was, however, interested in learning more about our message and meeting with us. It is crazy how the Lord shows forth His mighty hand! 

I am definitely going to miss this area and the members here. Every area has a special place in your heart, after you get to know the people and they let you be a part of their lives. 

Thank you everyone for the Christmas wishes, I definitely felt loved! Even without a White Christmas ;) and now, I can actually sing that "I'll be home for Christmas". 

I love you all, I know this one is short but that is okay!

Happy New Year
Elder DeFord


No comments:

Post a Comment