Dear
everybody,
Campus opened on Tuesday,
and it was honestly one of the longest weeks of my life.
We walk around from
about 9-1, eat some pancakes around 11. The problem is, there are a whole bunch
of air pods walking around campus. We will try and say “hi” to someone, and
they just walk past. All these poor guys look so depressed, it makes me fear
for college.
I mean, there are a
lot of people out here, more than I have ever been around while proselyting,
but yet they still don't really want to talk to us. Even wearing normal-ish
people clothes, we can part the red sea of the people on campus by our mere
presence. One young woman walked into the same elevator as us, we said “hi”..............silence.
I have never felt so invisible. It is good preparation for the dating pool,
though. Say hi to someone.......silence. Big oof.
In other news, we
taught a lessons to our friend S__. S__ has been attending institute for
months, started coming to activities, we invited him to church and he came two
weeks in a row...it is just natural to try and teach him, right? Turns out that
S__ has different beliefs than us, including not having a belief in Christ. So
there is a long road ahead of us.
Other than that, we
are getting contact with a lot of the people who were taught before the break.
Of course, YSA text and then don't set anything up, so that is always just a
tad bit frustrating. Hard to set up lessons with these busy young folk.
We got a list of all
the YSA unbaptized children of record in the Orange and Beaumont stakes, which
was about 60 or so folk. So that gives us some people to try and contact when
we aren't on campus or working with the missionaries.
Friday we had an
exchange with the Woodville elders, Elder Brinkworth and Elder Taimi. I was
with Elder Brinkworth. We knocked on this one door, and the woman answered
looking rather grumpy, but we shared a little of our message. She softened and
said she had intended to answer the door looking mean just to see how we would
react. It turned into about an hour long conversation, where she wanted us to
come back and she wanted to talk to her neighbor about meeting us too. It was
pretty sweet. She said she hadn't been able to go to any church since her
husband died about 4 months ago, and felt like we were sent from God. Which is
good, because we are!
We were in Jasper for
our district council, so that means that in the last month I have been in or
through all of my previous areas.
This upcoming week, we
will have a long temple trip on Wednesday, and just still working on campus. I
think that is about all the big stuff this week.
Well, I could give
more details, but honestly I just don't want to keep writing. Ask me questions
and I might answer them J
Love y'all, take care,
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment