Well, from the beginning of the week...I have no idea what happened. Lemme see...Tuesday wasn't a good day. I don't know what happened, since my journal entry from the day was, and I quote, "obligatory journal entry"...so I gather it wasn't a good day. Well, we all get off the blocks a little rough sometimes.
I have been studying a lot about Christ during this Easter week. It is interesting to think that he truly was a mortal, and that not only did he experience all of our sins and sorrows, and overcame them-made it to the end, so to speak-but He conquered them. Instead of just taking the crimes off of our record and paying the sentence, He literally wipes the slate clean.
A major mile-stone of Wednesday was the sixth month mark of my mission. I celebrated by doing absolutely nothing different than I do any other day.
Let's see...Elder Mooney finished his raccoon skin hat. I am still waiting on another raccoon to be able to work on mine some more, but I sewed the interior lining to get ready.
On Thursday I wore the suit of armor of T__, one of the people we are working with. It was a little big on me, but a lot of fun, plus I could tie it into putting on the armor of God.
Friday's district council we talked about how even as members, missionaries, whoever, we all have the need to repent. Though we did not discuss it, President Nelson's talk from Priesthood session was on my mind as I prepared for the council. Truly each day we need to be making commitments to do and be better-more like the Savior.
It really hardly felt like an Easter season without dyeing eggs or going on an egg hunt. Instead of the traditional turkey or ham, we had crawfish! The Johnston's taught me how to eat crawfish at our first boil, so by our second one with the Roberts two hours later, I was a seasoned pro. It is pretty darn good! I did get some ham when we stopped by the Patterson's house for Elder Mooney to say good-bye, though.
Yeah, so it was Elder Mooney's last week in the mission, and he had a lot of good-byes to say, so we ran around and did a lot of that. He has been a fun companion to have, but back to Reno for him.
On that note, I am staying in Cleveland with Elder Wilkinson for at least one more transfer.
Let's see...M__ and her kids are awesome. We went by to see them, and N__ and E__ were clamoring in asking their mom when they were going to go to church. It is just a matter of time. They are super cool, though, I love that family.
Alongside crawfish, I also ate intestine this week. I think I will not do so again, the texture was pretty bad, it looked gross and was pretty tasteless.
I know this isn't a great email, but hey, at least you know that I am alive.
Sayonara (or however you spell that)
Elder DeFord
P.s. (picture-script) the house is the Johnston's, we put in those front flower beds- rockwork, mulch, plants. Turned out pretty pretty!




No comments:
Post a Comment