Thankfully, when we got the leadership call from President, it was for Elder Wilkinson to be District leader here, not for me to go zone leader. Elder Slade, my current zone leader, keeps threatening that it will happen. And probably will continue doing so, since he is heading over to Beaumont zone to be my zone leader there too. So I'll still talk to him every other night for my district leader calls.
Anyways, it was a good week. Tuesday was too long ago to remember, but I'm sure it was good. My stuff is all packed up, so I can't access my journal to see what happened.
Wednesday we got to go to the temple! We went with the Bright's, who work the morning shift, so we had to leave at 5. But that also meant we got to spend a lot of time at the temple. We did one Endowment session, and then helped out in the sealing room for a good three hours. It was an amazing experience, I love everything about the ceremony. Plus it was a good learning experience: now when I teach people about the temple sealing I won't have to be like "it is super wonderful, and spiritual, and all amazing....at least, I think, I've never seen it". Well, now I have, and I can bear testimony about what I felt. It is a beautiful thing, the crowning covenant for us as members of Jesus Christ's restored church.
While we were down in Houston, Brother Bright took us to pick up a member who was being released from the hospital, so we drove through downtown....I only cried a little ;) I'm a city boy, deep down, and I liked seeing it ;) bustling people, things to see and do...good times.
It was weird on Sunday to be saying good-bye to the people that have been a part of my life for the last six months. I'm going to miss the members of this ward, I have some good friends here. But move on I must, so I shook hands and bid farewell.
It was funny: when I told K__ and her grandma that I was leaving, they asked for President's phone number to tell him what for. I was tempted to give it to them so I could listen to the conversation ;) J__ (K__'s grandma) complained that I had healed her after her last surgery, and what if her next one doesn't go well, she needs me there. I tried to explain that Elder Wilkinson and his next companion hold the same Priesthood authority, but she wasn't having it. I am going to miss them, and everyone I worked with.
I am sad that I am leaving before getting to watch T__, L__, and D__ enter the waters of baptism, but I guess that is a good reason for me to try and come back to visit. I have loved watching them grow in their faith and testimony, and I am so grateful that I could be a part of their journey.
I may write more later after I meet my new companion and see my new area, but that is a lot of what this week was.
Wish me luck...it already broke 100 degrees here, and I am moving to the coastline, so it'll be hotter and more humid. I think it is a car area, at least. So I can hold to that.
Love,
Elder DeFord








No comments:
Post a Comment