Funnily
enough, I didn't actually read my patriarchal blessing today. However, during
one of my prayers, I was praying very earnestly about my desire to improve,
yadeyadeyade, when I phrased something in a certain way that mimicked wording
found in my patriarchal blessing. This could have been mere coincidence, if it
were not for the almost immediate witness from the spirit that my answer was to
be found in that section. Along with this answer to my current prayer, I found
that the perspective granted by this revelation also helped me to answer
prayers offered over several years about the nature of the phrase which was now
used to answer my prayer. Certainly it is only part of the meaning, but it is
an inspiring feeling to know that God is aware of me and is still answering
prayers that I myself had forgotten or set upon a back burner! Truly He is so
very aware of us in even the smallest things.
Each day in quarantine
continues to be characterized by a flash of insight here, a flash there, but in
light of our Prophet's invitation to #hearhim, I am grateful for the
opportunity to learn!
Speaking of prophetic
invitations, I hope everyone saw the world wide fast for this upcoming Sunday.
What Elder Hancock and I have been doing is encouraging members to share the
video President Nelson released on Facebook and invite their friends to
participate. After all, we are all effected, so we should be able to rally in
faith despite differences in denomination!
In other, less
important news, I have eaten a pound of peanuts this week. I know, gasps all
around. Who am I, and what did I do with the real Elder DeFord? Well, no
worries, peanut butter still isn't my favorite, but the nuts themselves are
pretty good. Plus they are way cheaper than other nuts, so there we go.
In response to dad's
question, I did get and fill out a census form, which has been sitting on my
counter for about a week now waiting for us to take it to the mail. It will be
fun for some genealogist down the line to see that I have a random residence in
Welsh Louisiana in 2020. Although, the old census records seem to have much
more information than this new one. Ah well, I guess my great great great great
grandsons will just have to live with the info we did write down.
Still here, still
alive, a minimum of 16 days left in quarantine, assuming that Louisiana doesn't
extend my jail sentence.
Lots of love,
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment