Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week 75 (3/30/2020) Dejavu?

The curtains fall on a scene of pestilence and plague, a world on lockdown, fear running rampant.

End of Act 1.

My family has been largely kept abreast to the events surrounding my quarantine, but for all of my avid readers, not to worry, you didn't miss much. 

Each day sort of mixes with every other, but time continues to pass, more or less. I do a lot of studying daily, from the Bible and the Book of Mormon, principally. I have been putting quite a bit of time into my family history work-I might as well participate in the work of salvation somehow, since it is going pretty slow on this side of the veil right now! That being said, we have had some good contacts over the phone, and scheduled some times for lessons. Of course, nobody has picked up the phone at the scheduled time, but that is essentially what happens when we schedule an in person lesson too, so I am not too buggered about it. 

President Hewlett has been holding daily zoom devotionals for us, so far we have heard from him, his wife, one of the missionaries, President Ross, and President Hewlett's son's former mission president, who called in from Utah, which was pretty cool. And I am sure they have a good speaking roster lined up for this week as well. 

Well, I feel like that generally recaps my quarantine, week feels-like-eternity but is actually just week two. Or three. 

Anywho, catch y'all later, but don't catch Corona!
Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment