Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week 74.4 (3/28/2020) Phone Calls


Dear one and all (or, three, as the case may be) 

The trouble with phone calls is that most people don't really seem to want to talk all that much. And a lot of answering machines. Sometimes I think I might as well just recite a scripture every time I leave a voicemail, at least they might listen to it and be blessed. 

I discovered something cool today-family search, in light of 200 years of the restoration and Saints volume 2, has included a function where you can see the temples in which your ancestors were endowed and sealed. It was while looking at this, along with my pedigree chart, that I realized that both of my grandfathers were converts to the church...something I am sure I knew, but had forgotten. 

I am interspersing my scripture study by reading some of the books in our apartment library. My first selection was a gospel look at near-death experiences...it is fascinating, although of course teaches nothing not already alluded to in our standard works. 

We have begun our fast for the world in this troubled time. Hopefully every time my stomach grumbles it will cure some lucky soul. 

Have faith and be believing!
Elder DeFord


No comments:

Post a Comment