Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week 76.1 (4/9/2020) Luke 24.5


Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive.

Did I already start an email with that phrase? Probably so. Well, forgive me for my vain repetitions. 

I actually really intended to write an email yesterday, during my winding down period of the day. However, around 7:30-8 I sat down to do a little family history and didn't realize how the time flew until my bleary eyes saw 11:30 swimming past the retinas, at which point I promptly put myself to bed. 

Lots of fun things have been happening, including zone conference, finishing the Old Testament, starting the New Testament, President Nelson's daughter addressing us, deep cleaning the kitchen....but if I were to tell you all the details now, how bored you would be reading my mailer on Monday! Plus, suspense may keep you involved ðŸ˜œ

We did get to drop off a Book of Mormon today. I wrote my testimony on the inside front cover. When we dropped it off, the lady assured us that she had a church family with no intent of changing. We assured her that our only intent was to bring her to Christ, which is true and appeased her. Little does she know that we bring her to Christ, and He brings her to His church. Luckily, we are very welcoming, so she can go ahead and bring her church family with her! We are supposed to call her Sunday to read with her, which I await with anticipation. 

Well, still here, heart is still pumping, haven't wasted away in the last month (although I don't think I am developing a very good tan). Started my fast several hours ago, and am excited for the spirit and the opportunity to participate with my brothers and sisters worldwide. 

Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment