After
reading the first 100 pages of a book on the creation (The Creation by Frank B. Salisbury) that strives to reconcile
revelation with science (including some interesting notes on how astronomers
centuries before Christ were able to compute the circumference of the earth to
within one percent, even while believing the earth was flat), and then reading
Daryl and Katie's email, I have come to several conclusions.
1. I am probably wise
for choosing a career field where mathematics is just a tool to see if you use
black or red ink when writing the total sum.
2. The person who
observed that on the longest day of the year while on the topic of cancer the
sun shone directly into the bottom of a deep well, while in a distant city the
light cast a 7 degree shadow, and used that information to figure out the
circumference of the sun: a. Had too much time on his hands (at 200 bc,
shouldnt he have been struggling to subsist by farming or some such?) b. Was
probably a lot of fun at parties, and c. Would probably have a whale of a time
conversing with Daryl.
3. Science and all of
its derivatives are beyond my comprehension.
4. It doesn't take a
theophany to feel to declare with Moses "I know that man (or at least I!)
am nothing, which thing I never had supposed"
5. Someone should send
me the photos included in Daryl's blog post, since they don't come through in
the wordpress email.
6. Also, while sending
those, a fresh parcel of extra intelligence would also be appreciated
7. While I am
dreaming, I want a pony.
8. I think it would be
wise to get out of my college biology class and write off science as being too
esoteric for me.
9. Perhaps I would be
better off going into subsistence farming myself. At least that is
comprehensible to a mortal mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment