Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Week 86.2 (6/21/2020) Eaglesnest

 

I think I will just keep making Eagle puns for as long as I am in this area. 

 

First, Äldste Säfsten (Elder Safsten). He was called originally to Sweden, but unfortunately Sweden closed their borders while he was in the MTC, so he was reassigned here. He has an hour of Swedish language study every day, in the which I study German. We often compare the two languages. They have some similarities. Let us see...he is from Auburn WA, which I am familiar with from marching band. He did a lot of theatre back home as well. He loves to cook, and we enjoyed some traditional Swedish dishes on Midsummers day (Thursday) which marks a traditional Swedish holiday. 

 

My first night in the area we taught a Micronesian family of 13 people, which was fun. Everyone except the great-great grandma speaks English, thankfully. 

 

Since then, we have been doing the Good Lord's work, calling random numbers, teaching members about the restoration proclamation, teaching people over the phone, pretty regular stuff, honestly, there is just a different area code on the numbers we call. And the names are easier to pronounce. 

 

President will be leaving us in 8 days, which is sad. We have one final zone conference with him on Tuesday, presumably because they want to say how much they love all of us. 

 

We got to go to church for the second time today. It was a sparse crowd, but it was good to at least have a crowd, and see people. 

 

Well, nothing especial to report. Everyone be safe in this corona pandemic which really ought to just give up and go away already. 

 

Love,

Elder DeFord

 

No comments:

Post a Comment