Guten tag, everybody
We had some serious
hope this week. Our branch president asked us to help him try out some
different ways to make church happen on Sunday. He was sure we would be having
services. Well, we figured out a method that would probably work, but we
haven't gotten approval from the area presidency yet, which is not very
surprising, but it was a little disappointing. So no church.
One highlight from
this week is that Tad R Callister gave one of our daily devos. I don't know how
President and Sister Hewlett are getting all of these people, but it is pretty
cool. T C Christenson will be addressing us this week.
While we still aren't
really allowed to interact with people in person, we did get cleared to do
service, so Elder Morgan and I helped a member mow her lawn and plant some palm
fronds. The palm fronds had been in a large metal bucket, but had grown through
the bottom of it and rooted. So we tore them up, but didn't know how to get
them out of the bucket. I suggested we just plant the whole bucket, but she
wanted them arranged differently. We ended up tearing off the rusted bottom of
the bucket and then chiseling one side open so that we could slide the plants
out. They say necessity is the mother of invention, but I think she just
mothered brute force in this case.
One day, after calling
several people who we had scheduled lessons with, to no avail, I was tired of
it. After hanging up on yet another voicemail, I just went ahead and taught a lesson
to the phone anyways. Which, incidentally, was the source of my subject
line.
And that is most of
the exciting news from our week! We aren't living a very exciting life, but
that is okay. We look forward with hope for a better world, which hope maketh
an anchor to our souls.
Happy Memorial Day,
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment