I was
about to start writing, and then I had to ask Elder Morgan if zone conference
was actually this week. For some reason, this week felt as long as the rest of
the transfer combined.
Zone conference was
this Wednesday. To allow for social distancing, they separated us into groups
of eight in different rooms, and then presenters would rotate through the rooms
every 45 minutes. It was pretty weird, but it worked out. It may have been the
last time I will see the Hewletts before they return home. I have truly come to
love them over the last 19 months, and will be sad to see them leave. Luckily,
people who live in Utah are relatively easy to go visit.
We got to talk to
someone who has had some cool experiences with the church. When she was in high
school, she had a friend who tried to give her a Book of Mormon, but she said
she was too busy. So this friend started coming over to her house after school
and reading the Book of Mormon to her while she did her chores! What dedication! Are we
that bold but not overbearing when we share the gospel? I don't know, but it is
a cool story.
To try and get in
touch with more people, we have started just calling random numbers. I don't
know quite why, but it is a lot more nerve racking than just knocking on
people's doors, but hey, nobody can pull guns on us this way, I suppose.
In other news,
Cristobal went to the east and missed us pretty much completely. We were under
its cloud cover for a bit, but nothing major. Hurricane season isn't over, but
after seeing what Imelda did to people's houses, I hope that this is a very
tame hurricane season.
The turtles are out in
force in our brown rivulets here, but we haven't seen any gators yet.
We are supposed to
have our first church services this Sunday, the 14th, so we are looking
forwards to that.
From the Cajun
Culinary Class, we have been doing some baking this week, including some bread
and a Dutch Baby. Pictures included, taste is not.
Bye y'all,
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment