Dear
y'all,
Honestly, it is crazy
to think we have reached June. This whole year seems to have been consumed by
covid so far.
This week was
relatively tame. We had interviews on Wednesday, our last ones with President
Hewlett. As part of interviews, the APs recorded us teaching a lesson, and then
replayed the video so we could see what to improve. The biggest thing that I
noticed is that I really do kind of have fangs, and they are noticeable when I
talk, particularly when the camera was below my face. Which is the same
perspective that all the little kids who think I am a vampire have.
Interesting.
We had district
training on Friday, which the APs came to (we were one of the only districts in
the mission they could attend without bringing the total number above ten). We
thought we would have church last week, but to no avail. Our current forecast
is that we will be able begin having limited services on the 14th.
One of our devotionals
this week was with TC Christiansen, the latter day saint filmmaker. He showed
us some clips from his latest film, the fighting preacher, and then moralized
on them. He also gave this encouragement for anyone looking to get into film:
the easiest way to get into the business is to be the son of a moviemaker.
Helpful ![]()
We were supposed to have
the H__ family join us for our little missionary Sacrament Meeting, but even
though we talked to them on Saturday, they forgot about it. That was definitely
sad, but it is a process for everybody. And it does seem like they have the
desire. I love that little family, they are really sweet. Whenever we visit
them their little girl wants to race me. She always seems to win,
somehow.
We finally got back in
touch with B__, who we was progressing when I got to the area, and we set up a
lesson for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it actually comes through!
Anyways, I guess that
is about all of the excitement that we had.
We will spice up this
email, though, with some useless facts:
Approximate number of
specialty soda bottles in our apartment: 64
Day completed the
standard works: 5-30-20
Jalapeños eaten this
week by missionaries: 4
Tears shed by above
missionaries: several
Which chicken sandwich
is better, Chick-fil-A or Popeyes: Popeyes
What is the best
chicken place: Cane's
Also, I bet ours is about
the only apartment in the mission where your head can be ten feet above the
ground while still in the apartment.
Have a great day, have
a great week, have a great life (credit the former Elder DeFord)
Elder DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment