I guess
I should let y'all know about transfers. I was going to tell you last night, but
we got back from the T__’s at about 11, so we just went to bed. Incidentally,
we left the T__’ at 9:30, so we weren't intentionally being
out late. We just had to drive out to Crowley, and then to Jennings, and then
home.
Anyways, I am being
transferred. I am going to Eagle Springs in Summerwood, with Elder Safsten as
my new companion. He has been out only a couple of transfers, and is waiting
for borders to open up--he is a Sweden Visa waiter.
Perhaps the biggest
plus about being transferred...well, some background. Because of the huge
influx of U.S. missionaries, they don't have enough cars or apartments for
everyone, and they don't want to sign new leases on either when they plan on
sending all of those missionaries back out as soon as possible. So, they have a
deal with some car rental places and extended stay hotels to get everybody
situated. In any case, I have a regular apartment, but, my car will be a
rental. Why is that exciting? After all, it will probably not be as nice as the
cars the mission leases. Well, since it doesn't belong to the mission that
means it does not have a TiWi device in it to check my speed, acceleration, and
all of that. So I am freeeeeeeeeeeeee to be a regular, defensive, law-abiding
driver, of course.
Anyways, you may be
wondering why this does not quite seem like a regular weekly. That is because
it isn't...because of how things worked out, transfers got moved to tomorrow.
At least, ours did. So more will come tomorrow.
Love y'all! Elder
DeFord
No comments:
Post a Comment