Monday, August 10, 2020

Week 85.2 (6/12/2020) From the Kitchen of Elder DeFord

 

In response to dad's wishful thinking, I am still in captivity, but we will be having church services this Sunday. 

 

Let me start with a story from yesterday I didn't tell. When we arrived home from the other Elders apartment, I looked up at our apartment. The lights were on...which is not unusual, I am not very conscientious about turning them off. However, then I thought I saw someone's silhouette flit across the window. Hmm. I watched for a second, but it didn't recur. We walked up to our apartment, flinging open the door to reveal...the zone leaders! They had come over to stay the night before district council so that they didn't have to drive in the morning. 

 

Now, today. We were supposed to have a lesson with B__, but he canceled on us last minute. 

 

However, we had got in touch with a lady who said she was working a lot, but that we could drop off a Book of Mormon on her doorstep, so we drove out to Fenton to do that. We then drove further up to Kinder to see a referral who had hung up the phone on us twice. Call us persistent. Anyways, we met the man, by the name of P__. He said he didn't refer himself (that is our third self-referral that denied doing any such thing), but we taught him about the Book of Mormon, and he accepted one. And let me tell you, it felt amazing. Teaching and testifying face to face with someone? I was on cloud nine, it was phenomenal. 

 

Cue the subject line, I baked apple roses today. See them in their glory. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment