Sunday, August 9, 2020

Week 83.2 (5/29/2020) Intelligences

 

Called a fella today, introduced ourselves, he said "stop calling me, y'all are a pain in the butt". This man was last contacted June of last year...ah well. 

 

We had our district training today, the Zls and the APs came down to party. I mean, meet. 

 

There is an elder in the mission who, when we had Elder Callister address us in the zoom devotional, asked him what he thought about intelligences. We have all laughed about this elder being worried about it. However, the other elders also wonder somewhat about intelligences, and since they assume I have answers, they will occasionally ask. I figured out a good metaphor to explain the concept...I have no idea how accurate it is, but since it came to me in a flash of inspiration I don't feel like tweaking it too much. 

 

I walked over to the lamp by which Elder Morgan was sitting and unscrewed the lightbulb. I asked, what is this? A lightbulb. Is it matter? Yes. Is it glowing? No. I screwed it back in. Is it glowing now? Yes. Why? It has electricity, it is powered. Is the electricity matter? No. Does the electricity glow without the lightbulb? No. 

 

Thus, God linked the animating force, or intelligence, with the material vessel, or spirit body (all spirit is matter), enabling the unit to do something neither part accomplished on its own. 

 

Well, the intelligence that inhabits my spirit that inhabits my body wishes you a good-night. Or perhaps more accurately, my body is enabled to wish you a good-night by my spirit, which in turn is enabled to act by my intelligence. And you in turn comprehend my good-night by use of your being, composed as it is of three parts, incomplete without any of them. 

 

Elder DeFord's body

Elder DeFord's spirit

Elder DeFord's intelligence

 

Which is one Elder DeFord, being without beginning or ending. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment