Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Week 93 (8/3/2020) Cut to the Chase

 

Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

 

Transfers went relatively smoothly, although Elder Gregory, Elder Safsten, and I were in a trio for a night. Elder Safsten took one for the team and slept on the couch for his last night, before heading off to Pasadena the next day.

 

Thursday Facebook hit our phones, which honestly wasn't that exciting. Although it did make my mission, which already hardly feels like a mission, feel less like a mission. But we are all good here. 

 

Now for the miracle. You know we have been working with the S__'s. Well, during our Thursday night lesson, they asked what they needed to do to move forward with their rebaptism, so we talked about that a little, and they were talking to Bishop today. Well, around 11 am on Sunday, Bishop calls us and tells us he interviewed them and they were good to move forward with the baptism. Sweet! And then he said this little gem: "are y'all busy this afternoon?" Long story short, we scrambled to get baptismal clothing and to get the font filled, and at 3:15 Sunday afternoon I was standing in the font with Bro S__. They asked me to perform the baptisms and confirmations, and it was a very humbling and powerful experience.  

 

I am so incredibly grateful that I have been able to be here for their journey, and to feel the spirit which has been around them. My whole mission, I never really felt like I was there for anyone we were teaching-any given missionary could have been in my place. And of course, that is as true in this case as well, God can do His own work through whichever instrument He chooses. But still, there was something special about working with the S__s. I love their family, and I am so grateful for their faith and trust and humility. They are an awesome example to me. It has to be so hard to return, but they have met the challenge head on, and done some amazing things. 

 

May God bless us all with the humility to follow and trust Him.

 

Elder DeFord

 

No comments:

Post a Comment