It
seems that my emails continue to be somewhat morbid ;) our walk today took us
through the Welsh graveyard. It is interesting to see the way folks are buried
here, to keep them from getting out when the floods come.
Our devotional speaker
today was Elder Rascone, a Houston news anchor, and president of the Summerwood
stake. He was called as our area seventy just about a month ago. He talked
about how faith leads to actions.
I made Cheesy Potato
soup again, mostly because I wanted to use up the potatoes I bought this week.
I actually peeled them this time, which made it less gritty, but probably
decreased the nutritional value. Also, I learned not to substitute margarine
for butter when making a roux. It did eventually combine and thicken, but I had
to whisk it for about ten minutes to get the lumps out. Still, it is a good
meal, and pretty cheap, too. I'd figure out how much it cost me, but I didn't
hold on to the receipts. Not very much, I think. I also made rice and beans,
which, while being neither as tasty or fancy a cuisine, was probably
cheaper.
Anyways, I actually
took a picture today.
Enjoy these nice
graves.
No comments:
Post a Comment