"Hey..."
I look at my phone. "P__"
was texting us, but I had no idea who that was.
"Hi, this is the missionaries,
Elder DeFord and Elder Morgan"
"How are you doing?"
I quickly check our area book, but
no P__ shows up. I ask the other Elders if they know him. No, not them
either.
The conversation continues. It turns
out he wanted to get us lunch. Well, excuses didn’t deter him, and he offered
supper.
At this point, a vague memory got
unjolted, and I called up Elder Hancock. Sure enough, he knew P__, and we at
least knew he wasn't a convict.
Well, we said, sure, dinner is fine.
And he said....well, see the attached image.
In any case, he texts us this
morning. We set up dinner.
Us and the other Elders meet him at
taco bell. Thankfully, he was a lot more normal than I imagined, but definitely
not really, normal.
Had dinner, talked, only a little
uncomfortable. And sure enough, we each got a hug.
In other news, I expanded my skill
repertoire by cutting someone elses hair for the first time. Thought I did a
pretty good job. No picture, sorry.
We also did service for the C__
today, shoveling some rock for their new walkway. It ended up being a pretty
exciting day.
We were also supposed to have a
lesson with B__B__, but he texted us and said he was having some tooth trouble.
He must have bad tooth trouble, because he always cancels for some dental thing
or another.
No comments:
Post a Comment