Monday, August 10, 2020

Week 86.1 (6/17/2020) The Eagle Has Landed

Or the eagle has sprung, as the case may be. I am being transferred to Eagle springs, which is in the Summerwood stake. Sad to be leaving Welsh behind, there are some really awesome people here. But some other missionary will get to enjoy their time here, just sharing the love. 

 

My new companion is Elder Safsten, and that is about all I know about him. I do believe that he was called to Sweden and came here to wait for his visa to be approved, and for the borders to open back up. 

 

This week was good! Us and the other elders spent a couple of days putting together a video that we could have ward members share. If you promise to laugh with us, and not at us, I'll share the link. Missionary Video

 

We received an internet referral early on in the week. Usually that means that the person saw an advertisement and clicked on it and requested that missionaries visit. Anyways, we called him up and he hung up on us, but we decided to go out to his house anyways. We ended up meeting him, he said he hadn't requested anything (I don't know how else we would have had his whole name, phone number, address, etc. Maybe he was drunk when he requested it) anyways, we taught the restoration to him, just briefly while standing there. It felt so good to be testifying to someone in person! I was just on a spiritual high for a while afterwards. Made me realize how much I missed just normal contacting. To finish off that story, he did accept a copy of the Book of Mormon. 

 

Sunday we had church services again for the first time in...months, I honestly don't know how long it has been now. We were all masked and spread out, but it was good to be back. 

 

Monday we said good-bye to the T__’s, our  branch mission leader and his family. They are awesome, and they just adopt missionaries in as part of the family. 

 

Well, that is most of what I have for this week. A little weird to be writing this on Wednesday, but them’s the kicks. 

 

Adieu from Louisiana, and Howdy from Texas, once again

Elder DeFord

 

Behind the scenes of our video.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment